Your municipality is getting new energy meters
New energy meters
We are currently offering smart energy meters free of charge in your area. Do you also want to make sure your meter box is fit for the future – a future with even more solar panels and charging points for cars?
Smart energy meters give you a greater insight into the electricity you use and also make it easier to save energy. Good for the environment and your pocket. Another advantage is that you no longer need to submit your meter readings. We will be able to take these readings remotely. We have asked the contractor Dynniq to carry out this work.
What can you expect from us?
You will receive 2 letters
Firstly, we will send you a letter and a leaflet containing more information about smart meters. Shortly afterwards you will receive a second letter with a date and time when the engineer of Dynniq will visit you to install the smart meters. To make an appointment you need a login code which you find in this second letter.
Confirm or reschedule your appointment
For planning purposes it is important to know in advance if you will be at home. You can easily confirm or reschedule the appointment:
- Online: Go to www.planmeterwisseling.nl and use the login code that’s in this letter.
- Telephone: Call 024 351 13 77 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. on weekdays.
The engineer will pay you a visit
The engineer from Dynniq will visit at the agreed time to replace your energy meters. Please ask the engineer to show you his/her Liander ID card. He/she will need 1 hour to carry out the work.
Would you like to know how to prepare for the engineer’s visit? If so, take a look at the frequently asked questions at the bottom of this page.
A greater insight to help you reduce your energy consumption
You can gain a greater insight into your energy consumption by connecting the smart meter to an app or portal. And the greater the insight you have, the better it will be for the environment and the easier it will be to reduce your energy costs. There are various energy consumption managers that you can use.
Frequently asked questions
How can I ensure the engineer can start work straight away?
Below is a checklist to ensure the engineer arrives at the right time and can start work straight away. You can help by making sure that:
- you confirm the appointment or rearrange it if necessary;
- you provide your contact details to the contractor indicated in your letter;
- the meter box and energy meters are easily accessible;
- as many plugs as possible have been removed from their sockets;
- an adult is present.
For how long will I be without electricity and gas while the engineer is working?
While the engineer is working you will be without electricity and gas for around one hour. Please bear the following points in mind:
- keep your refrigerator and freezer closed as much as possible to make sure they stay cold enough;
- if you have an alarm system installed, we advise you to notify your alarm centre in advance;
- if you use medical equipment for respiration or dialysis, ask your medical help centre for accumulator- or battery-powered alternatives;
- if you have gas, you will not have any heating or hot water while the work is in progress. Please also bear in mind that you will not be able to cook during this period.