You are getting new energy meters
New energy meters
We are currently offering smart energy meters free of charge. Do you also want to make sure your meter box is fit for the future? In other words, ready to cope with variable tariffs, the purchase of energy from different providers and the supply of energy back to the grid, if you have installed solar panels, for example.
We have asked a contractor to carry out this work. Do you want to make an appointment? Scan the QR-code or contact our contractor via their phone number. You can find the QR-code and phone number in the letter you received from us.
Good to know
There are a few points that are useful to know when it comes to smart meters.
Why the smart meter?
The smart meter is very convenient and gives you an idea of your energy consumption. But why is Liander actually installing the smart meter?
Frequently asked questions
How can I ensure the engineer can start work straight away?
Below is a checklist to ensure the engineer arrives at the right time and can start work straight away. You can help by making sure that:
- you confirm the appointment or rearrange it if necessary;
- you provide your contact details to the contractor indicated in your letter;
- the meter box and energy meters are easily accessible;
- as many plugs as possible have been removed from their sockets;
- an adult is present.
For how long will I be without electricity and gas while the engineer is working?
While the engineer is working you will be without electricity and gas for around one hour. Please bear the following points in mind:
- keep your refrigerator and freezer closed as much as possible to make sure they stay cold enough;
- if you have an alarm system installed, we advise you to notify your alarm centre in advance;
- if you use medical equipment for respiration or dialysis, ask your medical help centre for accumulator- or battery-powered alternatives;
- if you have gas, you will not have any heating or hot water while the work is in progress. Please also bear in mind that you will not be able to cook during this period.