Make an appointment to upgrade your energy meters
Appointment smart meter
We recently sent you a letter in which we offered to upgrade your electricity and gas meters at a time that suits you. You can now make your appointment with the engineer.
Make your appointment
The engineer will need around one hour (in some cases two hours) to carry out the work. Please ask the engineer to show you his/her Liander ID card.
Good to know
- Smart meters are currently being installed free of charge. What if you decide to wait until later to have your smart meters installed? That’s not a problem, but in that case you will have to pay a charge of € 72.60.
- Do you use day-rate and night-rate electricity and therefore pay a dual rate? In future this will only be possible if you have smart meters.
Do you have any further questions?
Call BAM on 085 808 00 13 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. on weekdays. BAM’s employees will be happy to answer your questions. Do you want to keep your old meter? If so, call 088 542 64 43.
Frequently asked questions
How can I ensure the engineer can start work straight away?
Below is a checklist to ensure the engineer arrives at the right time and can start work straight away. You can help by making sure that:
- you confirm the appointment or rearrange it if necessary;
- you provide your contact details to the contractor indicated in your letter;
- the meter box and energy meters are easily accessible;
- as many plugs as possible have been removed from their sockets;
- an adult is present.
For how long will I be without electricity and gas while the engineer is working?
While the engineer is working you will be without electricity and gas for around one hour. Please bear the following points in mind:
- keep your refrigerator and freezer closed as much as possible to make sure they stay cold enough;
- if you have an alarm system installed, we advise you to notify your alarm centre in advance;
- if you use medical equipment for respiration or dialysis, ask your medical help centre for accumulator- or battery-powered alternatives;
- if you have gas, you will not have any heating or hot water while the work is in progress. Please also bear in mind that you will not be able to cook during this period.