Make an appointment to upgrade your energy meters
Appointment smart meter
Two weeks ago we sent you a letter to let you know that we would like to come and replace your electricity and gas meter free of charge. We have asked a fitter from our contractor SmartInstall to fit the smart meters on the date that’s in the letter.
The engineer will need around one hour (in some cases two hours) to carry out the work. Please ask the engineer to show you his/her Liander ID card.
Confirm or reschedule your appointment
For planning purposes it is important to know beforehand whether you will be at home. You can easily confirm or rearrange the appointment via:
- www.liandermeters.nl, you can log in with the login code that’s in the letter.
- Our information number is 088- 22 66 788
If you do not make a new appointment SmartInstall will come along on the above date at the time indicated.
Leave us your contact details now. We can then contact you about the appointment, if necessary. The appointment can be rearranged up to 36 hours before the above time.
Are you renting the property?
If you yourself have a contract with an energy supplier, and as a result automatically with us as grid manager, then you as tenant can decide yourself whether to have the new energy meters fitted. If this is not the case, then please consult the landlord of the building.
Do you have any further questions?
Take a look on www.liander.nl/slimmemeter or call 088 – 22 66 788. Smart Install will be pleased to speak to you. They can be reached on weekdays from 8:00-20:00 and Saturdays from 8:00 – 17:00.
Frequently asked questions
How can I ensure the engineer can start work straight away?
Below is a checklist to ensure the engineer arrives at the right time and can start work straight away. You can help by making sure that:
- you confirm the appointment or rearrange it if necessary;
- you provide your contact details to the contractor indicated in your letter;
- the meter box and energy meters are easily accessible;
- as many plugs as possible have been removed from their sockets;
- an adult is present.
For how long will I be without electricity and gas while the engineer is working?
While the engineer is working you will be without electricity and gas for around one hour. Please bear the following points in mind:
- keep your refrigerator and freezer closed as much as possible to make sure they stay cold enough;
- if you have an alarm system installed, we advise you to notify your alarm centre in advance;
- if you use medical equipment for respiration or dialysis, ask your medical help centre for accumulator- or battery-powered alternatives;
- if you have gas, you will not have any heating or hot water while the work is in progress. Please also bear in mind that you will not be able to cook during this period.